Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Remembering Mel


Today (November 14, 2006) is the lst Anniversary of the passage of my dear sweet daddy, Mel. At high noon a small ceremony was conducted poolside as I tossed a pinch of Mel in the water. (I had always tried to get him in the pool and failed...he was a farm boy from Oklahoma and saw swimming as too leisure an activity.)
Mel lived at the Sands for the last year of his life and everyone who met him was charmed by his wit and gracious interest in who they were and what they did. He was a lovely guy and we miss him.

2 comments:

Tove said...

I do indeed remember Mel and think of him often--his humor, his music and his wildlife photos... So enriched by knowing him and delighted to have a place to place a bit of a memorial.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad I had a chance to connect with Mel when I did; what were the odds that two Kansas folks, and Emporia State College (it was KSTC in those days!), would find each other at Ruby's? Who knew Lynn and Ruby were old Emporia, Kansas folks? What a kind, sweet, soul Mel was. Thank you for posting this, Ruby.