Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Ruby after just rescuing little Dusty Springfield in Emporia, Kansas


KC Pony sent in this endearing little picture of The Sands own little Dusty Springfield. This is Dusty with Ruby just after her rescue returning to her new home from Kansas to California. Her first time on Route 66. Can you believe that anyone would push this dog out of a car in front of me in Emporia, Kansas? KC Pony and my good friend Karen Hopper Carns helped me rescue our littlest angel. She's adjusting daily. She was very scared at first. My little herd is growing (now Louie, Lola and Dusty. Pamela Challender (loyal Sander) called yesterday from Northern California and needs a home for a lil' Yorkie that is a wee bit older that Dusty (his name is Odie) four might be a purse dog Sanctuary. We love our little Dusty Springfield.

3 comments:

frida said...

I'm guessing Louie L'Amour is positively BESIDE himself with this new little girl in the mix. I think no harm was intended for Dusty. My guess is that the person who let her go knew you were on your way to catch her. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Anonymous said...

This was in Dusty's pre-Chewbacca years; when she was still Mary's little lost lamb.

Anonymous said...

Dusty is such a cute patootie! She has the cutest little face and I did get a little kiss when I gave her a bite of carrot. And now she has the perfect home! You two are lucky to have found each other. All the dogs in the herd complement each other!
Home, home on the range...

xxxooo Kiki L.